Research projects of the KIT Steel and Lightweight Structures
The research foci of KIT Steel and Lightweight Structures are partly based on a very long tradition, but at the same time they are gradually developing further. Therefore, the research foci are not to be regarded as static, but must always be understood in a temporal context.
The following main research priorities can currently be identified:
- Upgrading and refurbishment of building components, structural elements, infrastructures and buildings
- Fatigue of metallic materials
- Bonding technology & hybrid construction methods
- Digital life cycle engineering
- Shell Structures
- Sandwich elements
- Hollow profile constructions
- Cast steel
The overview of research projects from 2010 onwards illustrates and specifies the wide range of research content.